Not to rub it in, but I gotta tell you about the post-Easter potluck we had to day. We're all sort of foodies here, and the combination was inspirational.
First, because there always seems to be too much food, we spread assignments over both breakfast and lunch for a whole day of feasting. During our morning staff meeting, we ate strawberries, quiche, and lemon blueberry scones.
For lunch:
Garlic and olive oil drizzled crostini topped with chicken salad
Tortilla chips and southwestern dip: homemade fresh salsa with black beans, corn, cilantro, and a hint of pineapple
Spinach casserole with buttery Ritz cracker topping
Chicken Marbella, marinated with prunes, capers, and olives
Slow-cooked shredded beef sandwiches with provolone and horseradish
Oatmeal butterscotch cookies for dessert
Yes, it was a good day at work.
Do it yourself:
The crostini and chicken salad were both from Harmons grocery store
The scones, which I baked, can be found here: http://culinaryarts.about.com/od/bakingdesserts/r/lemonbluescones.htm
Here's a version of Chicken Marbella:
http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chicken_marbella/
(Sorry for the long links. I'm having issues linking from a word. If anyone has Hyperlinking for Dummies tips, let me know)
October 2011
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment